Earlier this week I stumbled across a genealogy MOOC opportunity. The course starts officially on Monday 30th March, but is available for people to sign up and get familiar with the set up.The cost for the course is nothing, other than your investment of time.
The course is divided into four modules
- Orientation Module — Begins March 23
- Module 1: Getting Started — Begins March 30
- Module 2: US Census — Begins April 20
- Module 3: State & Local Resources — Begins May 4
- Module 4: Online Sources & Strategies — Begins May 18
Below is the introductory video
Something that is really useful is that you can join the course and submit your surname and location interests with any contact being made through the Canvas portal. It is certainly a great idea and I listed my interest in my two One-Name (Surname research) studies for the names of Orlando and Worship.
To sign up and take part visit – https://learn.canvas.net/courses/369