I was born in the year……..
- Jersey and Guernsey in the Channel Islands started to issue their own stamps
- The Monty Python started being aired on the BBC
- Neil Armstrong stood on the moon
- Prince Charles was invested as the Prince of Wales
- The Beatles released the album, Yellow Submarine
- British troops intervene in Northern Ireland
- Mick Jagger was accidentally shot whilst filming Ned Kelly
- John Lennon returned his OBE in protest of the Vietnam War
- Britain abolishes the death penalty
- United Kingdom and Rhodesia sever diplomatic ties
- The Teignmouth Electron a trimaran sailed by Donald Crowhurst, is found drifting and unoccupied – this is a local history fact and I understand that Hollywood are planning to make a film of the event.
- Of the Rooster –
People born in the Year of the Rooster are deep thinkers, capable, and talented. They like to be busy and are devoted beyond their capabilities and are deeply disappointed if they fail. People born in the Rooster Year are often a bit eccentric, and often have rather difficult relationship with others. They always think they are right and usually are! They frequently are loners and though they give the outward impression of being adventurous, they are timid. Rooster people¦s emotions like their fortunes, swing very high to very low. They can be selfish and too outspoken, but are always interesting and can be extremely brave. They are most compatible with Ox, Snake, and Dragon. You can read more here at http://www.chinese-astrology.co.uk/rooster.html
The year was 1969!