Imagine. A dining table laid for guests. The table set with the best china, sparkling wine glasses and the very best cutlery. Who could be coming for dinner?
What if you could invite a series of your ancestors to dinner? People that had lived and died long before you had been born? Who would you invite?
- I would invite my 6 x Great Grandfather – Henry Budd (born circa 1700). Please confirm that you were born in Shackleford. I can’t check as the original records have not survived!
- I would invite both of my Grand parents – Lilian Butcher nee Matthews (1912-1995) & George Butcher (1908 – 1974) Just to have one more conversation with them.
- I would invite my 5 x Great Grandfather John Elstone (1737 – 1799) because I want to understand more of the Paper making business he owned.
- I would invite my Great Great Grandfather John Matthews (1848 – 1927) – I have a few questions…..
- I would invite my Great x 3 Grandmother Emaline Luff (1797 – 1856) – Why did you say you were born in Bramshot? I did eventually find you in Lurgershall Sussex